We’re continuing our spotlight series as we countdown the weeks to The 2016 San Antonio Auto Show (SAAS) in November. This week we’re featuring the American Honda Motor Co. luxury brand, Acura, as it celebrates its 30th Anniversary.
So what’s next for this performance driven car? Read on.
“We’ve sharpened our focus on the Precision Crafted Performance DNA of the Acura brand. The 2017 MDX has integrated new styling elements and powertrain technology that’s taken us another step in that direction.” – John Mendel, EVP, American Honda Motor Co.
NSX Next Generation SuperCar
Photo courtesy of Acura.com
- Multi Material Body
- Aluminum, carbon fiber and high-strength steel are meticulously tailored with superior rigidity in a space frame design.
- Human Assembled Engine
- Perfect parts are staged one-by-one in sequence. It takes five hours to build a single engine by hand, which is assembled by one of six master builders.
- As it inhales and exhales, air flows over and through the NSX with a revolutionary system that creates downforce without disrupting design.
- Powertrain System
- 75-degree DOHC V-6, twin-turbo charging, 3 motors and 9-speed DCT.
2017 MDX Third Row Luxury SUV
Photo courtesy of Acura.com
Super Handling All Wheel Drive
- Conquer the curves and weather with available torque-vectoring Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™
Luxury Cabin refinements – Entertainment
- Transform the second-row into a theater. Complete with sun shades, wireless headphones and compatibility with most electronics like smartphones, HDMI devices and the Xbox One®
- The 10-speaker ELS Studio®32 Premium Audio System amps your ride with crisp, studio-quality sound.
- The AcuraWatch™ suite of innovative safety and driver assistive technologies now comes standard on every new MDX. From multi-view cameras to radar and ultrasonic sensors, it improves awareness and even intervenes to help avoid a collision.
Fallen in love? Build your own here.
A Car and a Dealer to Feel Good About
Along with the normal safety requirements, each Acura is manufactured with Trim ‘aerodynamic design, increased fuel efficiency, and lower emissions’ to help protect the environment. Acura encourages its dealerships to go green with its Acura Environmental Leadership Award:
- Silver-level dealers must achieve a 10% reduction in total energy use and meet a threshold of 30 points.
- Gold-level dealers must achieve a 30% reduction in total energy use and meet a threshold of 45 points.
- The top-level Platinum dealers must achieve a 50% reduction in total energy use and meet a threshold of 60 points. Dealerships who earn Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification from the U.S. Green Building Council or become Electric Grid Neutral* automatically qualify for the Platinum Award
You can learn more about this program here.
Make sure to swing by the 2016 San Antonio Auto Show to see Acura’s ongoing innovation. Tickets on sale September 1st.
[mk_button dimension=”flat” size=”large” url=”/tickets/” align=”center” btn_hover_bg=”#000000″]Learn More[/mk_button]