Exhibitor Spotlight: Mitsubishi
The San Antonio Auto Show (SAAS) is rapidly approaching! The excitement is building, and we are beyond excited to be working with a variety of distinguished and prominent exhibitors. We will be spotlighting a few in the weeks leading up to SAAS to build excitement and give them some much-deserved attention.
First up is Mitsubishi. Read a bit about the company’s history, a few interesting facts and how their products tie in with this year’s theme: connected cars.
“Mitsubishi” is a combination of the words mitsu and hishi. Mitsu means three. Hishi mean rhombus or diamond shape, which is reflected in the logo. The company was founded by Yataro Iwasaki in 1870 and was originally incorporated as a shipping firm. Mitsubishi’s automotive origins date back to 1917, when the Mitsubishi Shipbuilding Co., Ltd. introduced the Mitsubishi Model. In 1995 the company produces the world’s first Gasoline Direct Injection (GDI) engine. GDI enables fuel to be injected directly into the cylinder for lean-burn combustion.
High Tech Designs
2017 Outlander PHEV
The Outlander PHEV is highlighted by a full-time, twin-electric motor-powered all-wheel control system that provides quick and optimized torque distribution between the front and rear wheels. The vehicle offers three driving modes: all electric, all gas or a combination of both.
- Four-wheel drive
- Keyless operation
- Power switch
- Smartphone remote control app
- Charging time
- Reschedule charging for late at night when electricity fees are low
- Monitor the remaining charge time
- Heating steering wheel
- Steering-wheel mounted controls
- Electric tailgate
- 3D map
- 12v power outlet
- Rockford fosgate premium sound
- Rear camera view
- Seats five
- Will come equipped with available smartphone integrations, features typically reserved for higher priced vehicles.
- 10 year/100,000 mile powertrain limited warranty
- Rearview camera
- Supports Apple Carplay, access to apple music, maps, calls, text messages through touchscreen or with voice through SIRI
- Supports Android Auto, simply long press the push to talk button
- Hands free Bluetooth
- 42 highway MPG
See this exhibitor and many more at this year’s San Antonio Auto Show. Haven’t purchased your tickets yet? Get them while you still can.